There seems to be a calm after the recent elections. At this point, I’m watching and waiting to see what’s next for federal employees. Maybe you are too.
There have been rumbles in the news on various statements from the new congressional leadership.
Somethings I’ve heard in TV interviews and read in the newspapers.
– Taking a look at federal employees’ locality pay to possibly end it. What is locality pay? Here’s something from OPM that might help – http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/pay-systems/general-schedule/federal-salary-council/recommendation13.pdf
– Considering a government shutdown for any reason? Some have said maybe. At least one has said no. I guess some of these new and returning leaders really ‘liked’ the last one. Interesting.
– Asking the federal workforce to contribute more towards their retirement. This would ultimately reduce their take home pay.
– Federal budget cuts, again. Where? I wonder. Veterans Administration is asking for thousands more people. U.S. Secret Service was reported to be short of staff – http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/usanow/2014/11/13/white-house-jumper-report/19004835/. These are just two examples.
– Using the federal budget and debt ceiling as tools to influence President Obama’s decisions. Furloughs again. The federal workforce as a bargaining chip. Priceless!
I’m still listening for discussions on the 1% pay raise. How about sequestration?
What about you? What are you waiting to hear?